Printable version of this page Forum Code of Conduct
Last Updated: September 30, 2011
OIC reserves the right to amend the Code of Conduct at any time without notice by posting the revised Code of Conduct on the Site, and we encourage you to periodically review these guidelines prior to your use of the OIC Forum to ensure you are in compliance. We will indicate at the top of this Code of Conduct the date such document was last updated, and any changes will be effective immediately upon posting.
While we believe users should be able to express themselves and their point of view, certain kinds of speech simply do not belong in a community like OIC. Therefore, you may not include the following in your posts:
- Violent, sexually explicit, or profane content
- Insults based on race, ethnicity, religion, or gender; content that incites hatred against any individual or group; content that includes any other means of personal discrimination
- Content that makes threats of any kind or that intimidates, harasses or bullies anyone
- Content that is malicious or that is meant to demean, offend or hurt any other user (including actions regarded as trolling, attacks, or flaming)
- Content exhibiting cruelty or extreme violence to animals
Please note that a language filter is in place, which replaces letters in certain banned words. Attempting to circumvent the language filter is a violation of this code of conduct.
Unlawful or Harmful Content or Conduct
Although as an online service provider, we are not responsible for the conduct of our users, we want OIC to be a safe place on the Web. Therefore, in using OIC Forums, you may not:
- Post any content that promotes fraudulent schemes or dubious money-making propositions, such as gambling, gifting of cash, work-at-home and get-rich-quick opportunities, etc. Post any content that exploits minors
- Post any content that is defamatory or otherwise violates the rights of any person or entity Post or transmit any spam, promotional materials or advertisements for commercial products and services, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity Post or share any personally identifiable or private information of any third party
- Solicit passwords or personal information from anyone under 18
- Post any materials that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization or create a false identity Engage in any predatory or stalking conduct
- Engage in any activity or post any content that would violate any federal, state, local or international laws rules or regulations
- post any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense
attempt to circumvent any content filtering techniques we may employ
We expect our users to use good judgment and respect the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of others. Therefore, in using OIC Forums, you may not:
- Post any third-party content unless you have permission or otherwise have the legal right to do so
- Post or share any content that infringes upon or violates the copyright, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of any third party
If you believe that any material on this site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, or that any link on this site directs users to material that infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, please follow our Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement as set forth in our Copyright Policy.
Other Posting Guidelines
- You may include URLs in your post (when this ability is enabled on the Site), provided that the content to which you are linking also meets the guidelines set forth in this Code of Conduct.
- You may not register for more than one account. You are responsible for any activity created with your account, and you may not share your account login with anyone.
- You may not post on behalf of any banned user in any public manner or impersonate any other user past or present.
- You must post only in the correct Forum. Posts that are off-topic will be reassigned or removed. (Note that posts not directly related to one of the roles specified in the menu should be posted to Other Roles, the last entry in the menu.)
- Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature, as determined by moderators) is forbidden in all Forum categories.
- You may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its Forum.
- You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products, services, or company without first-hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies commenting on other companies.
- If you encounter a post that you believe is inappropriate or that violates the Code of Conduct, click the Report Abuse link at the end of each post to alert the Forum moderator.
Carefully consider the consequences of including personal information about yourself or others in your posts. Whenever you include personal information in a publicly-viewable page, the information can be collected and used by anyone who views the page. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. Once you have submitted a post, you cannot edit or delete it.
Please be advised of the following:
- Although OIC does not routinely screen, filter, or monitor user posts, OIC reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, refuse to post, screen or edit any content posted to the Forum at any time and for any reason without notice.
- OIC is not responsible for the content of any posts or the conduct of its users and is not liable for any errors, omissions, mistakes, defamation, obscenity, profanity or objectionable content you may encounter. You use the OIC forums at your own risk.
The OIC Team